Phew! Who knew getting ready for a crumby old garage sale would be so much work??? Amy and Jon have been sorting and cleaning for awhile, but – smart me! – I waited until Monday to go through stuff! Not good! I have pulled things out, sorted, compared, priced, and organized everything we own in the past three days! It has been crazy! We took three car-loads of “treasures” to Amy’s for the big sale.
The sale was a “family event,” with contributions from the Chalupa’s, Andy and Tim, Stacy and Dave, Kelly and Sean, and Amy and Jon. We had everything from baby shoes to pay-as-you-go cell phones; cd burners to kitchen glasses. And we had three Titanic cd’s, two VHS tapes, and the theater movie guide – all yours for under $2!
It sounds hokey, and initially I only took our “treasures” to get them out of my hair, but it was a really fun morning! Carter helped man the sale, and I got to hang out with some of my favorite people! It was a good time. Some highlights:
5. I got in the car to pick up Carter; the clock read 7:57am. The sale started at 8am, and we’d already had three customers! Yes!
4. The garbage man stopped, in the middle of his route!
3. Someone actually commented on Carter’s “$3.50” price tag, asking if we’d take $3.00!
2. The guy who, at 8:30am, came to the sale with no shirt, smoking a cigar
1. The lady who came once for random things, and came back to purchase the Karma Sutra and God’s Prayer journal … does one cancel out the other?!?
And the best part was not the 100+ heat, but earning some Dells cash while hanging out with my buddies!
The sale continues Satuday, from 8 – 1, so stop by 609 NW Linden to see our treasures!
Little neon-green signs were posted all over the North end of Ankeny, calling treasure-hunters to our sale!
“Sales Alley” We set up our sales camp in the shade, and lined the drive way with goodies. The big seller of Friday: VHS tapes and CD’s! One lady offered to buy all 320 of them at once … with $62! That was a no go! Garage Sale Lesson #14: when things get slow, go “rearrange,” it makes the area look busy, and pulls in perspective lookers! That’s what Amy, Andy, and Stacy are doing above!
Item description: 1 infant/toddler. In good condition and highly loved. Pleasant natured, good eater, holder of “most adorable baby” title! $3.50 or best offer
Please pay the cashier at the back